Some people celebrate Christmas as a day.... Even less do as a season. Ephiphany is one of my favorite feasts because if we look at the Kings/Wise Men/Meji or whatever we want to call them we can see a Christmas as a lifestyle...
A few things to look at.
1) Historically speaking these Kings would have arrived perhaps two years or more after the birth of Christ, after enduring a long journey to him to pay homage.
2) These men were not Jewish or a part of who would have been thought of a part of “God’s promise” at the time.
3) They brought their gifts to do him homage.
4) They followed the “star” which was a sign from God.
5) They traveled home "another way" (Matthew 2:12)
Applying this in our lives we can say...
1) Persevere... The journey with Christ takes time
2) Be open to all people no matter what their background
3) What gifts(time, talent, treasure) do we personally have to give to God and our community
4) What "signs"(people, thoughts, inspirations, etc) does God leave for us every day
5) Does every new day and new encounter with Jesus leave us new? Do we go home a "different way", in how we speak, act, and live our lives, always progressing and getting better?
I pray the Epiphany becomes our lifestyle from now until the day we are with Him again in eternity. Amen.
- The Symbol
- All is Love
The Symbol's MUSIC :
These are my thoughts . . . My Beliefs . . . My Actions . . . Everything I do. This is the documentation of my quest towards creating more unity in the community by authentic #LOVE.
This blog was started at:
and continued at:
But now, as I have matured in my understanding as "The Symbol" and no longer Brandon Feel-X Morel you can continue my journey with me here.
(click above images to get download link)